The Lillian Meighen Wright Centre is the landmark building of Las Nubes EcoCampus, which sits on a 25 acre property adjacent to Las Nubes Biological Reserve.
Whether you are planning a conference, a seminar, an experiential education program, or need a space to write or conduct your research, Las Nubes EcoCampus offers state-of-the-art facilities, overnight accommodations and access to Las Nubes Biological Reserve.
The EcoCampus is a +4000 square foot facility that offers:
Teaching and Presentation Spaces
- Stage/Auditorium/Conference Room (60 seats)
- Seminar room (30 seats)
- The “Rancho”, outdoor area overlooking the Las Nubes Biological Reserve (25 seats)
- Video and data projection systems
- Internet accessibility
- Access to Las Nubes Network of Hiking Trails
- 2 multiple occupancy bedrooms (12 person maximum capacity) with shared bathrooms
- 2 double rooms with private baths
- Each room has beds, linens, pillows, blankets and towels.
- We can accommodate very reasonably much larger groups using our network of homestays in the local community, or recommend good rental accommodation or hotels in the area.
- Catering facilities and access to drinking water
Lillian Meighen Wright Centre
- Sustainable Construction
- Natural ventilation
- Landscape friendly design
- Bird friendly windows
- Socially responsible and locally hired construction
- FSC certified construction materials
Each program and event are customized depending on the activities and needs of the organization, group or person. Fees vary whether you are a member of the local community, a Costa Rican or Latin American Researcher, a member of the York University community, or a general visitor.
Lodging costs range from US$10 to US$60, facilities rentals go from US$50 to US$300. Catering services packages are also offered for events and overnight stay accommodations. Depending on the needs for your event, we can prepare a custom menu for your group, including breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options. We also accommodate dietary restrictions.
For overnight guests the prices per person are: Breakfast US$10, Lunch US$15, Dinner US$15.
If you want more information or are interested in making a reservation, please fill out the following form. Check the calendar below for available dates.